Home Forums Ask The Marketer SEM Automatic Bidding vs Manual CPC in Google Ads

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Tomas

I am running a newer campaign and I am not sure which bid strategy to go with. Currently I am using Target CPA bid strategy but it is not working as well as I wanted. Wondering if manual cpc is better.

#9970 Reply

So the bid strategy you pick on Google can affect campaign performance. Typically the “Target CPA” bid strategy is for increasing the number of conversions regardless of conversion value. This is used a lot for lead generation campaigns.

“Target ROAS” is trying to get you enough conversions and sales that meet your set return on ad spend target (usually for tangible products).

So when it comes to manual bidding against automatic, that is up to you and should be tested. You can create an “experiment” to test without internal bidding.

Manual bidding would require more work on your end but could prove to be beneficial in the long run.

I’ll say in my experience I have tested both and usually, the Google automatic bidding always beats my manual CPC campaigns. It all depends on what your product is.

If you are doing a B2B lead generation campaign manual cpc might work best because of how specific your targeted keywords need to be. If you are running a campaign for a tangible product, I would try a Maximize conversion strategy with a shopping or performance max campaign.

Are you able to disclose what type of product your product is?

Also if you are in fact promoting a b2b lead generation offer, I made this Udemy course that may be helpful: https://www.udemy.com/course/b2b-google-search-ads-set-up-optimization

Hope this helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Automatic Bidding vs Manual CPC in Google Ads
Your information: